DEVELOP AN INTUITIVE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE INTRICATE WORLD OF PLANTS
If you are curious to experiment with a daily routine to help open neural pathways for developing an intuitive relationship with the intricate world of plants, here is a meditative exercise:
- Take a walk in nature or anywhere that plants are growing.
- Remove your shoes if you are on ideal terrain.
- Move toward the first plant that grabs your attention and sit in silence with it. Do your best to remain both objectively observant and receptive.
- Hone in on your senses: smell, visual aesthetics, present emotional state, sounds and even ideas that may cross your mind.
- Write down your observations and take detailed photos of the plant.
- Thank the plant and leave an offering if you feel inclined. I prefer to give them “haircuts” by trimming off dead foliage, or spreading their seeds as a token of gratitude.
- Go home and study this plant. Learn to properly identify it via a local herbalist, botanist, reference book, or the Internet. Learn the mythology and historical significance behind the plant.
Pay close attention when a meditative sensory experience aligns with your intellectual findings and write it down. This is where we can call upon intellect to empower and align with our primal instincts.