- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 kg flour
- 1 cup veg oil
- 1 cup sugar
- sesame seeds
- fennel seeds, not too much crushed
- a little almond, chopped fine
- 10 grams of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix sugar with a little water, like a syrup with the liquid ingredients and blend all together.
- Roll out like a cookie dough, slice long strips and roll like a rope.
- Snip inch long pieces with scissors or cut with a knife right into the baking sheet.
- Bake at 180C, until golden.
- Or.. try savory with salt and harissa and garlic (diabetic krishlat): cumin seed or fennel, garlic, oregano, brush with egg and put something interesting on top (paprika, nigella seeds etc. )
For 28 years Peggy Markel offers culinary adventures in fascinating locations, to explore the philosophy of the ancient ways, to examine new ways we have evolved into and to become more awake, bringing everything to the table – our platform for evolution.
See more here: www.peggymarkel.com